Coming up with the absolute perfect name for your female bearded dragon can feel like an exciting yet exhausting, daunting task. What if you get it all wrong? I promise you that won’t be the case after checking our girl bearded dragon names list.
Unlike other websites who copy-paste female bearded dragon names, you will live to learn that our list is well-researched, and will provide you with meaningful, cute, badass, yet original and creative girl bearded dragon names.
We’ve come up with over 350 girl bearded dragon names, but we’ve decided to only include the absolute best 100+ female bearded dragon names on today’s list. Whether you are looking for something funny, cute, badass, or creative, the following female bearded dragon names will have you feeling confident, excited, and positive about the future.
Tips For Choosing The BEST Female Bearded Dragon Name
So, you got a bearded dragon. First of all: Congratulations! I’m really happy for you. But now it’s time to have that long conversation about how we should name her. Let’s just skip that boring conversation where you churn out names like Lizzie, Bella, or Ginny. They are all too common. Right?
I want to start with a few tips for choosing the best female bearded dragon name. These suggestions are all meant to make your life easier and help you narrow down the list of names you see as a good fit for your girl. Let’s jump right into it:
- Aim For Short Names: Long names should definitely be avoided. For the sake of simplicity, let’s assume you named your girl bearded dragon Daenerys Targaryen, you are most likely to end up shortening it, anyway. So what’s the point?
Don’t get me wrong. I love Daenerys. I really do! But friends used to call her Danny mostly because it’s shorter and easier to pronounce.
Short and easy to pronounce is what you should be aiming for.
- Avoid Bad Feelings & Emotions: I highly suggest that you avoid negative connotations when choosing a name for your bearded dragon. You may think it’s funny to name your bearded dragon Mad Eye Moody, but it’s really not a good idea.
- Don’t Limit Your Ideas: It’s alright to know exactly what type of name you want for your new baby bearded dragon girl, but don’t be afraid to explore. Maybe a traditional name is what you think you want, but you may realize a cute, modern name is more appealing and a better fit for your girl dragon than you initially thought.
- Consider Your Pet’s Personality: Bearded dragons are known to be pets that have unique, beautiful personalities. Considering your girl’s personality can really help you narrow down the list and give you an idea of where to start.
- Keep a List of Options: Open up an excel spreadsheet and write down a list of names you find appealing. This will make the final part more convenient.
- Ask Friends & Family For Their Opinion: The BEST choices are often time created from a group effort. For example, I always make sure to ask my girlfriend for an opinion before I write an article, and she’s very helpful most of the times.
- Take Your Time: Bearded dragon can live anywhere between 8 to 14 years, or even longer than that if properly cared for. Considering how long they live, don’t rush thing.s. Have your list of names and sleep on it. See how you feel about it in the morning.
- Choose a Name That’s Unlike Your Other Pets: You’d want to make sure your girl bearded dragon’s name is not very similar to your other pets, especially if you have more than one bearded dragon. Shoot for unique names that stand out.
- Take Your Time But Be 100% Sure: Don’t just change your mind after 2 months. Just make sure that once you have decided on a certain name for your dragon you will stick with it. It’s nothing more weird than changing your dragon’s name every 2 months.
- Bookmark This Article: Bookmark this article and come back to it if you feel like you have forgotten something. It’s always helpful to have a resource available and don’t have to search for it every single time you’re in need of help.
BEST Female Bearded Dragon Names
To make things even easier, I have decided to provide you with a well-organized female bearded dragon names list. You will see that I’m going to provide you with female bearded dragon name ideas of all kinds. From funny and badass female bearded dragon names to exotic, cute and creative names.
Badass Female Bearded Dragon Names
Do you prefer a name that matches your female bearded dragon’s badass and tough personality? If that’s the case, consider the ones from our badass female bearded dragon names list:
- Xena [Xena: The Warrior Princess]
- Arya [Badass Warrior From Game of Thrones]
- Atilla [The Cold-Blooded Leader of The Huns]
- Cersei [For Game of Thrones Fans Cersei Was a REAL Badass]
- Diva [For Dragons With Attitude This Is a REAL Badass Name]
- Harley [DC Comics or Harley-Davidson, This Is Another Badass Name]
- Jinx [Latin Origin, Meaning “Magic Charm”]
- Justice [This Name Just Sounds Badass]
- Raven [The Perfect Badass Name For Dark-Colored Female Dragons]
- Sable [Slavic Origin, Meaning “Black”]
- Sheba [As In Queen of Sheba From The Hebrew Bible]
- Trinity [The Holy Trinity]
- Vixen [The Name Defines a Women With a Temper. My Absolute Favorite]
- Kitana [Closely Related To The Japanese Word “Katana”, Which Means “Sword]
- Zelda [Sounds Really Tough & It Means “Dark Battle”]
Cute Female Bearded Dragon Names
Or maybe you’d like to see a list of cute names for female bearded dragons, simply because your dragon is the cutest one in the world. Let’s take a peak at our top picks:
- Sassy [This Badass Name Denotes a LOT of Attitude]
- Bitsy [Just Another Cute Name]
- Bon Bon [The Last Choice Of The List]
Funny Female Bearded Dragon Names
If you’re looking form jaw-dropping funny names for your girl bearded dragon, there you have it. There’s really no meaning behind the name here. The whole point is just to be funny.
- Bo Peep
- Suga Booga
- Toodle Lou
- El Daisy
- Big G [Girl]
- Lil’ Liz
Hollywood Female Bearded Dragon Names
If you’re looking for a list of names of some of the most popular and cool characters in the movie industry, we’ve got you covered. From Marvel and Disney to Star Wars and Star Trek, we have them all here.
- Elektra [The Badass, Marvel Character]
- Gamora [For Marvel Comics Fans, Gamora Is ANOTHER Tough, Badass Name]
- Leia [Princess Leia From Star Wars]
- Mystique [The Lovely Mystique From X-Men]
- Hydra [Just Another Badass Marvel Character]
- Ursula [Well, You Can’t Ignore Ursula, The Badass From The Little Mermaid Movie]
- Rogue [The Badass Female Characher From X-Men]
- Jo [The Character From Little Women]
- Nana [The Character From Peter Pan. Or Sheldon’s Grandma From The Bing Bang Theory]
- Ripley [The Lone Survivor In Alien]
- Shuri [The Badass Girl From Black Panther]
- Valkyrie [Ass-Kicking Female Character From Thor: Ragnarok]
- Rey [The Force Is With The Hero From Star Wars: The Force Awakens]
- Okoye [The Badass Spear Fighting Expert From Avengers: Infinity War]
- Rita [Aka The Killer Anger of Verdun From Edge Of Tomorrow]
- Uhura [Or Lt. Uhura From Star Trek]
Exotic Female Bearded Dragon Names
Exotic names for all female bearded dragons out there is next on the list. Take a look, maybe you’ll find the one you like right here.
Greek Goddess Female Bearded Dragon Names
If you’re a big fan of Greek Mythology and looking for a Greek Goddess name for your girl bearded dragon, I have 15 for you.
- Athena [The Goddess of Wisdom and War]
- Hera [The Goddess of Marriage & Life of Women]
- Nyx [The Goddess of The Night]
- Artemis [The Virgin Goddess of The Moon]
- Hebe [The Goddess of Youth & Forgiveness]
- Eos [The Personification of Dawn]
- Bia [The Goddess of Force & Raw Energy]
- Clio [The Muse of History]
- Doris [The Mother of The Nereids]
- Elpis [The Spirit & Personification of Hope]
- Gaia [The Goddess of The Earth]
- Hemera [The Goddess of The Day]
- Iris [The Goddess of The Rainbow]
- Maia [The Goddess of Fields]
- Thalia [The Muse of Poetry]
Test The Name
Hopefully, by now you have decided on how to name your girl bearded dragon, or at least narrowed the list down to just a couple of options. It would be nice to know if you have chosen a name from our list, so make sure to let us know if you did so. We would really appreciate it.
But now it’s time to test the name and make sure it’s a good fit for you and your bearded dragon. Here’s a quick checklist that will help you test the name and be 100% sure you’re happy and confident in your decision.
- Repeat The Name a Bunch Of Times: If you’re comfortable saying your girl beardie name over, and over, and over again, then that’s the name. I’ve seen people call their dragon Michelangelo, which is great, I don’t judge them, but after a couple of time they don’t really wan to be saying that anymore.
- The Nickname Test: Before you start stitching your girl bearded dragon name onto its blanket, make sure you are aware of all the nicknames associated with it. On the other hand, make sure you have room to play with its name. I’ve named by Labrador Yuki but sometimes I really like to call him Yurkan. It just sounds funny and cute.
- The Name’s Reputation: Consider your girl bearded dragon name’s reputation. I’m not saying that Hitler is a bad name for a German fellow, but to be honest, who would name its kid Hitler nowadays?
Or you can just completely ignore all these things and do as you feel. After all, it’s you who has to be happy, I’m just trying to be helpful.
Bearded Dragon Name Generator
If you didn’t find anything appealing to you or your girl bearded dragon on today’s list may using a reptile/bearded dragon name generator is the best choice for you. Here’s a list of the best reptile name generators.
Choosing a name for a female bearded dragon may seem like a real challenge, but don’t let the actual process overwhelm you.
Use the tips I shared with you in this article to make choosing a name for your girl bearded dragon fun, exciting, and easy.
If you feel like there are other name ideas for female bearded dragon that we should add to this list, feel free to leave a comment below.